Complex Nutrition Case Study in the Management of at risk feeding in the community.
10.00 - 11:00am
MS Teams Live - online
Audience: Neuro/Stroke Speech & Language Therapists and Dietitians. Other neuro/stroke clinicians are also welcome to attend to raise awareness, increase knowledge and skills in this area.
The webinar will explore 2 clinical cases involving adults with Neurodegenerative Disorders requiring Dysphagia & Nutritional input.
Case studies aims to cover:
- Instigation of Feeding with known risk pathway/protocol in a community setting.
- Collaborative working with patients’ GP around feeding with known risk and capacity assessment.
- Working with family/NOK/those with LPAs around decision making regarding nutritional/feeding management in the context of disease status.
- Communication with acute services for patients who are commenced on feeding with known risk.
- Role of the MDT in assessment of capacity and decisions making around the instigation of tube feeding.
- Explore issues around – disagreement regarding capacity and/or conflict between family/LPA holders.
This event is now closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details