Motor Neurone Disease Practical Training Event
9am - 4pm
Wrightington Conference Centre, Wrightington Hospital, Hall Lane, Appley Bridge WN6 9EP
This training programme (over 1 and a half days) is for clinicians that provide MND care in Greater Manchester and East Cheshire.
The training programme is divided into two parts:
- A half day of webinars for the clinician to watch prior to the practical training event (at a time convenient to them). These can be found here.
- A full day practical training event (2nd October 2023, 9:00am – 4:00pm)
Contents of the webinars include:
- MND overview
- Social care
- Manging difficult discussions
Contents of the practical training include:
- MND pathway in GM
- Psychological interventions
- Communication support
- Advanced care planning
- Patient and carer experiences
- Sharing of quality improvement projects
- The webinars are available to everyone. You do not need to be registered for the practical session to access these.
- It will not be possible to attend the practical training event remotely, however we hope to arrange future practical training events similar to this on a recurring 6 monthly basis. Therefore, if you are unable to attend this practical, another will be available to attend in about 6 months’ time.
- The practical training event will be interactive with attendees encouraged to partake in discussions about MND on the day.
- There are limited places available for the practical event, therefore there will be a limit of two spaces per team. Registration for this event will close Friday 15th September or as soon as places are filled.
- There is no charge for this event
- Please bring your own refreshments as lunch in NOT provided.
Please email email@example.com with any queries
The registration for this event has now closed.