Rehabilitation is an important phase of recovery after a stroke or acquired brain injury, generally commencing in hospital and continuing when a patient is discharged home. It is also beneficial in patients with a progressive neurological condition.
Our Rehabilitation Subgroup leads work in this area and comprises of representatives from our local stroke units, community rehabilitation teams and voluntary sector organisations.
Current priorities include improvements in:
- Increasing the frequency and intensity of therapy
- Vocational rehabilitation (including return to work)
- Bladder and bowel management
- Spasticity management
- Functional Neurological Disorder services
- Motor Neurone Disease care
- Facial rehabilitation
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Visual impairment
- Longer term support and recovery
Professionals can find out more here.